2015-05-10

Bonjour Paris


I've always wanted to see Paris, one of my many dreams is to go one day. I'd sing Bonjour Paris like Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire did in Funny Face, and dance around the streets in happiness.




There is something about Paris that has always intrigued me, and it seems like the most wonderful and beautiful place. It's no better that many of the films I adore are set in Paris. Funny Face, An American in Paris, Amélie, A Midnight in Paris and An Education (one scene, the best scene, is in Paris). If you've seen An Education you know that Carey Mulligan's character Jenny is as enthusiastic about Paris as I am. She, as well as I, want to consume everything that has anything to do with Paris. At one point in the film she says: "And I'm going to Paris, and I'm going to smoke and wear black, and listen to Jacques Brel, and I won't speak. Ever. C'est plus chic comme ça."
Don't smoke though. Smoking kills, one cigarette is enough for potentially harmful genetic changes (more on that in another post). Be smart - don't smoke.





It is unfortunate that the 1960's Paris is the where and when that I would most like to visit. I want to get swept away by avant garde culture and listen to chanson singers and great philosophers in cafés. Regrettably I don't have a time machine or a Tardis. Anyway, "I know I will go one day", but for now this Miss Patina dress makes me feel like a Parisienne in the 60's. C'est tres chic.








Outfit:
Dress - Miss Patina (sold out in navy, but available here and here in other colours)
Beret - ModCloth (sold out, similar by Larmoni here)





8 comments:

  1. You look absolutely beautiful! Paris is my favorite city, there's no place more magical for me. You'll love it for sure! I hope to come back one of these days. Sometimes I daydream I'm walking around the city, in the beautiful gardens, or having tea at Ladurée... Or I imagine myself at the Versailles gardens again, oh I miss it so much! And I have to say I also love the movies you mentioned, we have a lot in common. ;) Bisous *** Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Cat! You describe Paris in such a lovely way! Hope you get there soon again then! :D
      Haha, yeah, such great films.
      Gros bisous

      Delete
  2. We went to Paris last year and it was gorgeous! Even though the weather wasn't perfect (it was early spring), we still experienced the magic of this city. But I have to tell you, you look more like a Parisienne than anyone I've seen there! You're just so prefect :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Paris is beautiful in the rain though. So maybe you'd want a bit of bad weather to get that extra bit of magic :D
      Oh you're too sweet. Thank you so much <3
      Much love

      Delete
  3. You look adorable, what a gorgeous dress :)) I love Paris, it's my favourite place, so much to see and do! I bet its still wonderful in the rain, I went when it was boiling hot and it was marvellous. I must go again soon :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling!
      I got so many positive comments about Paris that I really really want to go now! What was your favourite thing to see/do?
      Maybe we should have the IG tea party in Paris ;)
      <3 <3

      Delete
  4. I hated Paris the first few times I went. It wasn't until that I had beautiful experiences there that I really enjoyed it. I went with my dear sister and it was a great time because of that. Also, I feel like I don't see you wear hats enough. Berets look amazing on you. However, your curls do deserve all the limelight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's interesting your opinion changed so much. The person you travel with is very important, I've come to learn that too.
      Haha thanks, just bought 3 more berets so there will be more hats featured in the near future :D
      <3 <3

      Delete