2015-05-11

Celebrating 1 week of the blog



Today I am celebrating this blog's first week. It might not sound like much, but having kept this blog for a week is great in my book, as this blog is a very trial-and-error kind of thing for me. And the response that I have gotten has been overwhelming and terrific. Thank you to everyone who has been supportive about this blog! It means a lot!
I of course had to celebrate with cake (it's in the name, people!).




This bundt cake is deliciously chocolatey and so moist it disappears in your mouth. It was my first time making it, so it really could go which ever way, but it turned out good. Oh so chocolatey and good! It's lovely and soft, and I served it together with a creamy chocolate ganache. Each slice was like a little bit of heaven. Recipe is further down.





MOIST CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 dl heavy cream
  • 50 grams cocoa powder
  • 180 grams sugar
  • 150 grams butter, at room temperature
  • 3 eggs
  • 240 grams plain flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder

DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 175°C (350°F). Grease a bundt cake pan and dust with flour.
Mix heavy cream, cocoa powder and half of the sugar together in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. And let cool.
Whisk the rest of the sugar with the butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one, stirring in between.
Mix the flour and the baking powder in a bowl.
Add the cream and cocoa mixture and the egg and butter mixture alternatively to the flour.
Pour into prepared pan and bake at the lower part of the oven for 50 minutes.


CHOCOLATE GANACHE

INGREDIENTS
  • 150 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1,5 dl heavy cream

DIRECTIONS

Heat the cream in a saucepan until it just starts to boil. Pour it over the chocolate and mix until smooth.





Much Love!





5 comments:

  1. Oh dear Lord, just looking at it is mouthwatering! I bet it smelled great, too. And the taste I can only imagine. Or... here's a thought. I could try and make it someday! Yay! Thanks for the recipe.

    And congratulations on your first blog week-versary :D. I love your blog loads and I'm so happy to read everything you write about. I have to catch up with everything that happened while I was gone so excuse me but I've got important things to do. I have to read your log!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Thank you so much Klara! You should make it, it won't disappoint (hopefully)!
      Thank you so very much. Very sweet of you. I enjoy your blog tons as well. Haha, blog reading IS important, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
      Much love to you

      Delete
  2. YAY for cake & YAY for one week of blogging, that is awesome doll :)) Any celebration calls for cake and even when there is no celebration - we can make up one and have some cake any ways, haha :D This looks splendid :))) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaanks so much! I like that, make up celebrations for the sake of cake ;D
      Thank you so very much for your kind comment :* <3 <3

      Delete