2019-03-04

Blueberry bundt cake with lemon icing


Hello all,
Today I have a recipe of a delicious, citrusy blueberry cake for you! But before that I need to tell you about my inspiration behind this bake.

Two weeks ago was my birthday. I turned 28 years old, which I'm very happy about, because finally I left 27 behind me. The number 27 is really difficult to pronounce in Swedish - tjugosju. I'm so relieved I don't have to say I'm tjugosju years old anymore!


For my birthday, my dear friend Christiane (IG: @aliceinthewoodssomewhere) sent me a package filled with wonderful things, among them a beautiful Ravenclaw-styled apron that she had made herself!! I fell in love with everything in my birthday package, but I'm a real sucker for handmade things. I imagine that I can feel the love it was made with. This apron, in true Ravenclaw colours brightened my life with it's bold blue colour. And with that I figured I need to bake something with blueberry in it. So after a little bit of experimenting, I present to you a blueberry bundt cake.




Blueberry bundt cake with lemon icing


INGREDIENTS
  • 200 g butter, room temperature
  • 2 dl sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 dl flour
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest (I used all the zest I got from 1 lemon)
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 dl milk, room temperature
  • 250 g blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 dl powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS
Preheat your oven to 175°C. Prepare the bundt tin by buttering it, and then add flour to it so that the cake won't stick to the tin.

Beat the butter and sugar until slightly fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time.
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, lemon zest) together in a separate bowl.
Mix the milk and lemon juice in another bowl.
Alternate between adding the dry ingredients, then the wet, to the butter-and-sugar-mix. Start and end with the dry ingredients. Mix in the blueberries lastly. If you use frozen blueberries, like I did, they might become a bit wet, and might sink to the bottom of the batter (this happened to me). To avoid that, roll the blueberries in a bit of flour, and then add them to the batter.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out dry.

For the icing, mix the lemon juice with the powdered sugar until it becomes thick, but pipeable. Drizzle or pipe the icing onto the cake after it's cooled.


I hope you enjoy this recipe. It was a lot of fun to make it and then bake it, and finally eat it!

Much love,
Mona

2 comments:

  1. Happy (very belated) birthday lovely Mona! That Ravenclaw apron is brilliant! What a thoughtful and sweet gift.

    Your cake looks delicious too. The dribbled icing makes it look so tempting! I also love your blue Marimekko mug :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetie! I know, it's a fantastic apron and the most amazing gift to get :D

      Thank you. I agree, icing is yummy. And the mug is a favourite of mine too :)

      Much love,
      Mona

      Delete