2015-10-06

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone


Since I've discovered Book of Deer I have been a fan.
The brand gets inspiration from nature and fairytales resulting in the most beautiful hand drawn prints that are bound to stand out as something special compared to today's trends. From unique prints to feminine pieces Book of Deer is everything I love with clothes.







The latest collection from Book of Deer "An Ode to Iceland", is inspired by the mystical Iceland. With amazing silhouettes and unique prints, I think this might be my favourite collection from Book of Deer so far. I instantly fell for the Sakna dress in Sky with its alluring print of the northern lights. The northern lights have always fascinated me, the sky wakes up into a whirl of colour and magic. I have been lucky enough to see the northern lights countless of times, as I live in the north of Sweden. When I was younger I didn't really understand how unusual it is, but as I've grown older I've cherished the appearances of the aurora more than before.





The name of the dress strikes a chord in me. Sakna in Swedish means to miss, as in "I miss you". It is a delicate name for a dress that made me reminisce about old times that I miss, when I would walk home from school and see the northern lights. Usually you see the lights on very cold days, and I can remember those days when the cold air brought tears to my eyes and would freeze my eyelashes together. I would tear open my eyes to look at the painted sky above that was alive with magnificent light. It really is a graceful moment of mythical beauty, that has now been captured in cloth by Book of Deer.




Socks: H&M (old)
Shoes: La Redoute (old)



Do you have any item of clothing that reminds you of days long past? Anything that brings back memories or feelings of yesteryear?


Much love!

10 comments:

  1. Ahh! I totally see the Northern Lights in this dress! At first glance, from far away, I saw schools of colorful shimmery fish! Haha! But once you mentioned the Northern Lights, it clicked! =) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Shimmery fish sounds like a print I would definitely wear!! I like unique prints, but I really fell in love with this one because of the northern lights. Thank you so much! <3
      Much love

      Delete
  2. Ahh this has to be THE dress, right? It is so cute! I love that it has the Northern Lights on it - how fun and unique! I don't believe I have ever actually seen the Northern Lights in person. And you have completely sold me on Book of Deer, I really need to start purchasing dresses from them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is indeed THE dress! Ahh, thanks!! :D I love it too, unique prints are so much fun! It really is very magical to see the northern lights, it's really cool.
      Haha, I have? Didn't mean to, but I love Book of Deer so much, so I think my love becomes infectious :P haha
      Much love

      Delete
  3. I love that gif of you twirling! So cute!

    Everything I've ever seen from Book of Deer has been nothing short of magical. I love their unusual prints--no one else is doing anything quite like BoD!

    A lot of my clothes have strong memories tied to them. When I put something on, I can't help but be reminded of something significant that happened while I was wearing it! But I don't think I have anything that evokes memories quite the way you've described--where a new item can make you think of something quite long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh haha! Thanks so much!

      Yeah I agree, and that's what I love so much about BoD!

      I understand what you mean, I have clothes where I remember the times I've worn it. And that's a bit different, but very pleasant also. Who knows, maybe you'll get something new that suddenly evokes old memories. It was definitely a nice feeling.

      Much love

      Delete
  4. Adore this dress doll, it's amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much! :D I agree, it's quite something!
      Much love

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, every little detail. I have such great difficulty getting rid of clothing, there are so many memories tied to each piece.

    You look like a living doll ~ so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so very much. You are very kind.
      I'm the same way, I don't want to get rid of the memory so I keep the clothes tied to the memory.
      Thank you :3
      Much love

      Delete