2015-10-17

Ten thousand!



This Saturday there will be a short break from the Cancer Series, and instead there will be a celebration post!

I hit 10,000 views on my blog yesterday!!

To properly celebrate these fantastic news I made the most chocolatey and delicious cake (you'll find the recipe lower in this post) and stuffed my face with it!

I want to thank everyone who reads this blog! Thank you for taking the time and reading what I have to say, it means the world to me! In just 6 months this blog has become a place that I am proud of and so happy I have created. I have established friendships through this blog with lovely people all around the world, and I am so happy and grateful for that. The people who interact with me through this blog, and comment and talk to me - you are all golden! And so is the person who reads the blog silently, I'm so happy you've decided to stay a while in my space and heed my words.

A big Thank You to all of you out there!!

Now, on to the recipe...




This cake is a little experiment. The sponge is one of the best recipes I've ever tried for a chocolatey sponge, and it is from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. The sponge is the one used for the Brooklyn Blackout Cake, and it is meltingly perfect in the mouth. 

I added a trusty ganache between the layers and on top of the cake, and sprinkled some chocolate sugar strands on top. And it really turned out into a lovely rich and decadent cake. 

Luxurious Chocolate Cake


Sponge

Recipe adapted from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook by Tarek Malouf

INGREDIENTS
  • 100 grams butter, room temperature
  • 260 grams sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
  • 45 grams cocoa powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 170 grams flour
  • 160 ml milk

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 170°C.
Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Lastly add half the flour, all the milk and then the last half of flour.
Pour the batter into three 20 cm tins and bake for about 25 minutes.

Let cool to room temperature before you continue.

Chocolate Ganache

INGREDIENTS
  • 200 grams chocolate, chopped
  • 2 dl heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS

Heat the heavy cream and butter until just before a boil. Remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate, mix until combined.


ASSEMBLY

Place one of the layers on your serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the ganache on the layer, then place the next layer of cake and continue with spreading another 1/4 of the ganache on it. Continue until all three layers are in place. On top of the whole cake pour the remaining 1/4 of the chocolate ganache and let it pour down the sides of the cake.
Decorate with chocolate sugar strands if you wish.





Thanks again and Much love!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mona on 10,000 views! You really deserve it, and I'm not surprised so many people like to read what you have to say and show. Hopefully there will be many more views in the future!
    This cake seems so yummy, I'm keeping this recipe in mind for when I've got time to bake!

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely Julia! <3 Aww, thanks, you are too sweet.
      Oh do! This cake was quite delicious if I may say so myself. The sponge is incredibly moist and yummy!
      Much love

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Mona! That is so exciting!! Your blog is fantastic, and I am so happy I found it. It is not surprising at all that so many other people enjoy reading it too! I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Curls & Cakes! :) And oh my goodness gracious that cake looks so delicious! There is absolutely nothing better in life than a chocolate cake! :)

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much beautiful Lindsey!! I won't lie, I'm pretty excited about it! haha
      Aww, thank you so much. That means so much when it comes from a pro like you <3
      Oh thanks! I was actually a bit disappointed with how it looked, but my family convinced me that it looked alright enough to post to the blog. And I definitely agree, there is nothing better than chocolate cake! <3
      Much love

      Delete
  3. OMG this cake. It's OOZING chocolate out of the sides!? GAH!!! And hey, CONGRATS!! 10,000 views? You girl, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah girl! ;D Chocolate is the way to go!
      Aww, thank you so much darling! I'm quite surprised myself.. haha!
      Much love

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Here's to the next 10,000!! :-)

    And what a perfect way to celebrate. Once again, there is drool on my keyboard. I love that you used a ganache--it looks so tasty spilling out from the sides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much darling!
      Haha, I wish I could share it with you. Ganache is the best, love the chocolate intensity of ganache.
      Much love

      Delete
  5. I'm a little late to the party but let me say this: horay! Congrats, Mona! Your blog is a wonderful little place and the aura you create is beautiful and addictive. I sure am hooked and I know many others are, too. So here's to another hundreds of thousands!
    Love,
    Klara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely Klara! You are so sweet! It means a lot coming from you, I respect you a lot. Thank you so much darling. You're the sweetest!
      Much love

      Delete