2015-10-01

Happy October


Hello all you lovely people! I hope you have had a fantastic start to October! I can hardly believe time goes so quickly and it's already October, but I definitely felt it this morning on my way to work. There's a nip in the air that leaves rosy cheeks and numb fingers.

October is probably my favourite month of the year. I love so many things about October. It is my lovely sister's birthday in October, so I am lucky enough to always get cake in October. Another beautiful thing about this month is the colourful frock that dons the foliage. I also take great pleasure in stepping on fallen leaves. Does anyone else do that? I love feeling the leaves shatter under my shoes, and I enjoy the crisp sound it makes.

Another October favourite is that you can finally start to wear knitted hats and scarves again. I love warm knits in every shape and form. This cute little hat I'm wearing in this post is a new favourite. It's from the new collection "An Ode to Iceland" by Book of Deer (which is a favourite brand of mine) and I could not resist the little beanie with a peaked top and adorable Icelandic elf houses.

I say welcome to October - let autumn come!


13 comments:

  1. October is the most comfy month of them all! When is your sister's birthday? Mine is on the 7th. :)
    The shape of the hat is too cute! It is definitely a perfect look for October and autumn in general!<3

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheese with Papas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! Everything about October is just lovely.
      The 8th, so just the day after you :D
      Oh thank you, I love the shape of the hat, makes my hair look less fluffy.
      Much love

      Delete
  2. Love October, so cosy!! Perfect for movies, books and wrapping up :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Such a great month, and really perfect for cuddling in a sofa and wrapping up in a warm blanket! Couldn't agree with you more!
      Much love

      Delete
  3. October is indeed the most wonderful time of year! I am so happy that it's finally getting cool enough for hats and comfy sweaters. And there is something so wonderful about stepping on fallen leaves. :)

    And your hat is absolutely adorable! I really need to check out Book of Deer, they seem to have the most darling clothing.

    Hope you have a great weekend, Mona!

    -Lindsey
    have-clothes-will-travel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! Love this time of the year. Yay for hats and big, warm jumpers!
      Haha! You love doing that too!! It's almost satisfying stepping on leaves.

      Thank you so much! Book of Deer is super unique and I just love their stuff.
      Hope you have a lovely weekend too! <3
      Much love

      Delete
  4. I love October too, because of autumn of course - as you said, the leaves get all pretty and the atmosphere can be really nice, when it's not too cold! And also because it means that we're getting close to Christmas! (I get excited about Christmas around the end of summer basically haha)
    Will you be baking a cake for your sister's birthday? :D

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really can be a most beautiful season and month. That's true, we are closer to xmas! I love Xmas too! Hahaha, but I think you might love it a bit more than me.
      We'll see, maybe I'll bake something ;)

      Much love

      Delete
  5. I love October as well but I think every month has its pros and cons. I almost finished my internship in Oxford and have to go back next week... then he reality will catch me again with a lot of work and busy days. Though I hope the autumn and winter time will have a few quiet and cosy days :*
    Much love and enjoy your favourite month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that all months have their beauty. Aww, I'm sorry you're going back, you seem like a perfect fit with Oxford.
      I hope the days won't be too dull for you when you get back, and I hope you can enjoy the month even though you'll be back.
      I'm sure you'll manage to squeeze in some nice and cosy days. They are essential! With a good book and a cuppa! I wish days like that for you!
      Much love

      Delete
  6. my birthday is october too, on the 4th! i like the gradual creeping in of autumn when all the leaves turn golden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's really soon! Happy Birthday in advance!! Hope you'll have a fantastic bday with lots of cake and love and happiness!! Lucky you, that have bday when the world is so beautiful as it is in the autumn! <3
      Much love

      Delete
    2. thank you mona! it's true, the world is so beautiful in autumn <3

      Delete