2015-12-28

In between


God fortsättning!
That's what we say in Swedish between Christmas and New Year's Eve and it basically means good continuation.

These days, between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are a bit dull in my opinion. I get this post-Christmas boredom, I suppose it's because it is after the whole excitement of the food and the gift-giving and getting, and so on. And the handful of days before New Year's feel like they drag along. I'm ready for the new year to start, and I can't wait for this old one to be over!




In my boredom I decided to wear a pretty outfit consisting of the blouse from Emmy Design that I got myself for Christmas. If you follow me on instagram (@curlsncakes) you know that I was wondering if people give themselves Christmas gifts. I usually do, what about you?




I sort of like the idea of giving a gift to yourself. Because in the end it's all about love, isn't it. Sure, we give gifts to some people because we "have to", but the best gifts are the ones given to people we really care about. So why not give one to yourself? It's the ultimate expression of self-love!

Blouse: Emmy Design (here)
Skirt: Chicwish (here)
Heels: ModCloth (here)

Much love to all of you!

10 comments:

  1. Ahh I love that there's a Swedish word for that time period, it's perfect! I totally agree, I treated myself to a Christmas gift this year and it was the best feeling ever. You look gorgeous as ever Mona, that blouse has such an amazing fit and it goes so well with your skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more like a greeting for that time period. But yes it is perfect indeed.
      I'm glad you treated yourself, you deserve it!
      Thank you so much lovely Andini <3 I like that the blouse is a bit shorter, and ends in the natural waist. Thaaaanks love!
      Much love

      Delete
  2. This blouse is so lovely Mona! And you're right about giving presents to oneself, we all have to treat ourselves from time to time - and what better occasion than Christmas? I do want to get a nice piece of clothing too at the moment, from me to myself haha :D

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much beautiful Julia!
      I agree with you, it's important to treat yourself, and Xmas is perfect for that!
      I hope you get something really nice for yourself, from yourself ;D
      Much love

      Delete
  3. You are so stinking cute, Mona! I love that blouse! And I think getting a gift for yourself is a great idea. :) I haven't consistently given myself a Christmas gift, but that has definitely been something I've done in past years. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and have a wonderful New Year!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lindsey! So are you! <3
      It doesn't have to be consistent, that's the good part, you can't really disappoint yourself, can you?
      Thank you, Christmas was wonderful, and I wish a very good New Year!
      Much love

      Delete
  4. Oh the ever dangerous "gift to yourself." I do this...too much for it to be genuine. Haha! I start off with one thing and it's fair game. Then I find something else later and it ALSO becomes a gift to myself. So it's a bit ridiculous but I am all for treating yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You are right, there is a dangerous side to it too. Haha, maybe you just love yourself loads!! That's very nice that you do ;D
      I'm up for treating yourself too, hahaha... Hopefully I'll know when to stop.
      Much love!

      Delete
  5. I do buy gifts for myself... Giftssssss :D. I don't when to stop. There is always something about the holiday season and... Book of deer that i cannot and refuse to resist! :D

    I hope you are very much enjoying the holidays!

    ~Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love that you buy giftS for yourself!! Hehe, it is hard to know when to stop, especially when you feel like you've earned the gifts ;D
      Book of Deer is the worst!! I can never resist it either!! Eilidh has some explaining to do - I didn't know I'd get addicted to buying her lovely clothes the first time.

      Thank you! Hope you are enjoying your holidays too!
      Much love!

      Delete