2016-07-17

Ice Cream Day


Hello,
Hope you are all doing great!

Today is National Ice Cream Day in the US, and since most of my readers are in the US I thought I'd celebrate with you by sharing an ice cream recipe.

The base of this ice cream recipe is the same as the one in this post. You only need sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream and vanilla. And then you can flavour it which ever way you want. I decided to add chopped bits of my favourite chocolate bar, Daim, in it.


Daim is a crunchy toffee bar covered in chocolate and it is delicious. I have memories of ice cream made with Daim from middle school when we used liquid nitrogen to make ice cream in chemistry class.

The internet told me that the Heath bar and the Skor bar that are available in America are similar to the Daim bar. In other news, Skor in Swedish means shoes.


Easy Daim Ice Cream

Recipe adapted from Manuela Kjeilen.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 can (397 grams) sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 dl whipping cream
  • 0.5 teaspoons ground vanilla pod
  • 1 double Daim bar (56 grams), chopped

DIRECTIONS

Place the condensed milk and the whipping cream in the freezer for 20 minutes before you start. Take out the condensed milk from the freezer and pour it into a bowl. Whip it with an electric mixer until it is a bit lighter and fluffier. Pour in the whipping cream and continue to beat until it becomes thicker. Add the vanilla and the chopped Daim, and whip some more until it is fluffy and thick. Pour into boxes or bowls and place in freezer chilling it, preferably over night.



Hope you all have a fantastic Ice Cream Day!
Much love,

10 comments:

  1. Daim is so so yummy! One of my favourite chocolates :D This ice cream does sound easy, if only I wasn't so lazy when it comes to baking! haha :p

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! I love Daim!!!
      It is so easy Julia. It doesn't require much effort. I believe you could make it if you wanted to ;D
      Much love

      Delete
  2. Daim bars are my absolute fave! Would love to try this recipe out, though I've never attempted to make icecream before. So perfect for this heatwave we've been having <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good, aren't they! This isn't really like an ice cream recipe. It's much simpler and quicker, and you don't need an ice cream making machine for it. Haha, I heard England was getting warmer. Stay cool darling!
      Much love

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much beautiful! Let me know what you think.
      Much love

      Delete
  4. This looks absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you darling! It's my pleasure.
      Much love

      Delete
  5. Oooh this looks so good! I didn't realize Ice Cream Day was this weekend. I did have ice cream, unknowingly, though. Haha. And after seeing this yummy post...I'll have to have ice cream again today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear! Oh yes yes, I was prepared and had ice cream! Good that you subconsciously knew that it was time for ice cream!
      Haha! Enjoy darling!
      Much love

      Delete