2015-09-15

The Little Black Dress of the Cookie World


I love Chocolate Chip Cookies and they were aptly described as the little black dress of the cookie world by @littlemissquirkyfox, a friend on Instagram. It couldn't be described better. It is one of those bakes that is always popular. Everyone loves Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they are quite vocal about their admiration for the cookie. It's not much that is more mouth-watering than a batch of newly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies.



I once took a batch of freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies to a lab meeting, and people were timidly helping themselves to third and fourth servings. If you want to please a crowd, the way to go is with Chocolate Chip Cookies.



Chocolate Chip Cookies were invented in the 1930's and I don't think it will ever go out of style. The recipe I've used is from Joy of Baking, which is easily the best baking and dessert recipe site on the wide web.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking

INGREDIENTS

  • 225 grams butter, room temperature
  • 150 grams white sugar
  • 160 grams firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 295 grams flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 270 grams chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees F).
Beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and add the vanilla.
In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking soda. Add the flour-mixture to the egg-mixture. Blend well. Finally add the chocolate chips and blend.
If the dough is very soft refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Use a table spoon to scoop the dough with and drop it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown around the edges. I like the size of the cookies when they are 1 tablespoon, but you can make them bigger (increase time in oven) or smaller (decrease time in oven)
This makes about 3 dozens cookies of the 1 tablespoon size. I usually bake half and freeze the other half for a later time.




Much love!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies! The texture of these look amazing.<3
    Thank you for sharing the recipe! I will be bookmarking this page for the hubs birthday next week. :))

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheese with Papas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love them! I do too! Best cookie there is in my opinion!
      The texture is lovely, nice and chewy and crispy around the edges, love it!
      It was my pleasure! Let me know how it goes! And happy birthday to your husband :D
      Much love

      Delete
  2. You seriously can't beat a classic like a chocolate chip cookie! Yum! I expected a final pic of you devouring one in a cute dress! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! They're the best! And they make people so happy!
      That would have been really good. I'd better go through my post with you before I publish from now on. You have such good ideas! Anyway, maybe next time ;)
      Much love

      Delete
  3. Love the title of this post! @littlemissquirkyfox was spot on with that description! These chocolate chip cookies look sooo good! I really want to try this recipe out, however, I'm a bit afraid I'll make a batch and then proceed to eat the entire thing in one sitting. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! Yeah I agree, it's so true, they definitely are the LBD.
      Thank you, I think you should go for it. You can always halve the recipe or freeze half of the dough. And then what is wrong with eating all of them in one sitting! Haha I've done that multiple times! ;D
      Much love

      Delete
  4. These cookies look so yummy! I'm not surprised people at the meeting were picking two or three or four of them to eat :p
    I also love your photos, your table cloth is so cute!

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia! <3 Haha, yeah it was really funny, because even the ones that never take another took at least two more. I saw it as a success!
      Thank you so much. I actually got that table cloth only for picture taking, so I'm very happy that someone noticed it ;D
      Much love

      Delete
  5. Mmmm, these look delicious! :) I've been following you on Insta for ages and love your pics, but it took me until now to check our your blog for some reason and will be following from now on. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I love your photos too! I just checked out you blog now too. Loving it!
      Thank you darling!
      Much love

      Delete
  6. Mmm mmm mmm! Those look so good! And I love that line about chocolate chip cookies being the little black dress of baking--it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Haha, it was so spot on! They really are the most popular of the cookie world. <3
      Much love

      Delete