2015-07-11

My Jam


This beautiful and quirky dress from Book of Deer is perfect for baking in and eating in. The lovely novelty print featuring jam jars is as sweet as the jam it's portraying. Wearing this dress, I instantly knew I had to bake something tasty with jam. So I opted for these cute little mini cakes with raspberry jam - they turned out disappearingly tasty. The recipe is for 12 mini cakes, but it can easily be halved.





MINI JAM CAKES

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 batch of Lemon Cupcakes - recipe here.
  • Raspberry Jam
  • Whipped cream
  • Raspberries

DIRECTIONS

Start by making the Lemon Cupcakes. I have previously described in detail how they are made. You can find it right here.
Once the Lemon Cupcakes have cooled, cut off the "muffin top" and then cut the cylinder shape you are left with in two. The muffin tops are scraps (you can eat them :D ), and you should be left with 24 circles.
Place the lower parts of your cut cupcakes on a plate and then spread about two teaspoons of jam onto the base of the mini cakes. Put the second layer onto the mini cakes and then decorate with piped whipped cream and a raspberry on each mini cake.









Dress: Book of Deer (here)
Belt: From a ModCloth dress (here)

Much love!

8 comments:

  1. The raspberry and lemon combination is so mouth-watering! And I love how your outfit fits your theme.<33

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raspberry+lemon is one of my favourite combos :D And thank you so much beautiful. <3
      Much love

      Delete
  2. Super yum and super adorable dress alert!? Haha loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you so much beautiful!
      Have a nice day!

      Delete
  3. You are just the cutest, Mona. This dress was made for you! And wow - your mini Jam Cakes look just delicious! :)

    -Lindsey
    www.have-clothes-will-travel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lovely Lindsey, stop it! You're making me blush. Thank you so much, they're very easy to make :D
      Have a brilliant day!

      Delete
  4. Oh those mini cakes look so cute and go so perfectly with your dress. I love it. You are so beautiful!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful! <3 I knew I had to bake when I wore that perfect jam dress. Aww, thank you so much! :3

      Delete